SWA Annual Conference
The Scottish Wholesale Association's Annual Conference is one of our two key events.
Each year we attract a prestigious line-up of speakers from both within and outwith the wholesale industry.
Full details of our 2013 business seminars are now available and we are delighted to confirm that we will start our conference with a debate on independence.
As Scotland gears up for the referendum on independence in 2014, we will explore the pros and cons of any ensuing changes from a business perspective - should Scotland vote for independence or choose not to - at the conference.
Bill Jamieson, executive editor of The Scotsman, will chair what promises to be a robust debate surrounding the question of independence. He will discuss what independence - or retaining the status quo - might mean for businesses based in Scotland and the UK, and the potential implications for southern-based companies supplying Scottish wholesalers.
The Big Debate, which launches the conference at Crieff Hydro, heralds a change in format for our high-profile event, a long-established highlight of the UK wholesale calendar.
Keynote speakers at this year's conference include:
- Dundee-born Chris van der Kuyl, an individual who epitomises the new generation of entrepreneur in Scotland
- Simon Weston OBE, the Falklands War veteran who suffered 46% burns when the Sir Galahad was destroyed in Bluff Cove in 1982
- James Withers, chief executive of industry body Scotland Food & Drink
- Craig Lear, head of catering, cleaning and waste services at Glasgow 2014
- Robert Sider, president of the Scottish Grocers' Federation
- Colin Blair, owner of the award-winning Buzzworks pub group, based in Ayrshire
- John Forteith, senior partner, Forteith Foodservice, Oban
- Michael McCrosson, an area manager with Booker who spent a year working for the wholesaler's business in Mumbai
- Billy Bell, Wine Importers, Edinburgh
- Jonathan Kemp, commercial director, AG Barr
- Jeremy Blackburn, communications manager, JTI Gallaher
- Richard Porter, director of national accounts, Carlsberg
- Jayne Harvey, director of leadership development, Diageo
- Al Gunn, commercial director, Boost Drinks
Bookings for the conference, taking place at Crieff Hydro in Perthshire from 14-16 June, are now being taken although you are advised to book as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please direct all enquiries about the conference to Kate Salmon or Margaret Wilson on 0131 556 8753, or by email at: email@example.com.
You can also find full details and a booking form on this page.
Please put the date of our 2013 Annual Conference in your diaries - 14-16 June 2013. Bookings are now being taken - please download the booking form.
14-16 June 2013