Achievers Awards 2023 launched and open for entries as event marks 20th anniversary with a new venue
Entries are now open for the Achievers Awards, the long-established industry programme that rewards outstanding performance across the wholesale trade in Scotland and marks its 20th anniversary in 2023.
This landmark event will ring the changes with the high-profile awards ceremony moving to an exciting new venue – the O2 Academy Edinburgh – on the slightly later date of Thursday, 23 February.
The brainchild of the Scottish Wholesale Association (SWA), Achievers highlights best practice and innovation within the industry and also recognises the dedicated people who keep its wheels moving.
A new category – Best Local Supplier – has been introduced to reflect the SWA’s ongoing ‘Delivering Growth Through Wholesale’ programme that aims to forge stronger relationships between wholesalers and local food and drink producers, helping to spark new business opportunities and increase the amount of local sourcing among Scottish wholesalers.
Launching the 2023 Achievers Awards, Colin Smith, SWA chief executive, said: “Achievers was a trailblazing initiative when it was launched 20 years ago and continues to go from strength to strength as it evolves to recognise industry innovations, trends and challenges.
“As well as shining a spotlight on the wholesale industry, our suppliers and the people who make it all come together, Achievers celebrates the ongoing innovation and resilience within our industry, and stands proud as a reminder of the importance of wholesale to the Scottish economy.
“Indeed, our position within the Scottish business community was endorsed by the Scottish Government earlier this year when Cabinet Secretary for Finance and the Economy, Kate Forbes, attended the Achievers Awards 2022 to present the Rising Star of Wholesale award.
“Our 2022 Awards attracted record entries and we intend to build on that momentum in 2023 as we ring the changes and continue to evolve by moving to the dedicated events venue, O2 Academy Edinburgh.”
Wholesalers and suppliers can submit their entries online via the Achievers 2023 entry form on our website.
Supporting suppliers will judge the wholesale categories, supervised by an independent panel of judges with cross-sector experience and knowledge. Any wholesaler with a depot in Scotland may enter the competition and entries will remain open until 25 July, with judging taking place during September and October.
Tables for the gala dinner and awards presentation at the O2 Academy Edinburgh will be available to book from the beginning of July via the SWA website or can be booked by contacting email@example.com
- Best Cash & Carry (sponsored by Philip Morris)
- Best Delivered Operation – Retail (sponsored by Juul)
- Best Symbol Group (sponsored by Budweiser)
- Best Delivered Operation – Foodservice (sponsored by Premier Foods)
- Best Licensed Wholesaler (sponsored by Halewood)
- Best Marketing Initiative (sponsored by Suntory)
- Community Service Award (sponsored by AG Barr)
- Great Place to Work (sponsored by Pernod Ricard)
- Sustainable Wholesaler of the Year (sponsored by JTI)
- Employee of the Year (sponsored by SWA)
- Rising Star of Wholesale (sponsored by KP Snacks)
- Best Technology Initiative (sponsored by TWC)
- Best Advertising Campaign (sponsored by SWA)
- Supplier Sales Executive of the Year (sponsored by Unitas Wholesale)
- Project Wholesale (sponsored by Bestway Wholesale)
- Best Overall Service (sponsored by SWA)
- Best Foodservice Supplier (sponsored by SWA)
- Best Local Supplier (sponsored by Dunns Food and Drinks)