Providing an effective communications channel between our Members and the 15,000-plus people employed within the Scottish wholesale industry is the first of the Scottish Wholesale Association's six key pillars.
The Scottish Wholesale Association is an increasingly proactive organisation that is 100% committed to its members.
This means that we have a duty to fully understand - and respond to - the many challenges and changes within the wholesale industry.
Key objectives are to:
- Represent the best interests of our wholesale members and the 15,000-plus people employed within the Scottish wholesale industry
- Facilitate a channel for communication between wholesale and supplier members
- Provide networking opportunities for all our members
- Encourage and promote training within the industry, drawing on the expertise of our supplier members
- Lobby the Scottish Parliament and Scottish Government on key issues affecting the trade and raise the funds necessary to enable us to carry out this function effectively and comprehensively
- Offer unbiased advice to our members on all areas of relevant legislation
Never before has the wholesale sector been faced with so much legislation. Changing demographics within the Scottish population and trends in our nation's lifestyle – and the creation of the Scottish Parliament and Scottish Government – have inevitably brought with them new issues and policies for the SWA and its Members to take on board.
The SWA can provide practical advice, support and compliance material in several key areas, including: health & safety law, food hygiene Law and HACCP, fire safety law, anti-money laundering responsibilities, licensing requirements, waste management and recycling, and company training courses. We can help you by liaising on your behalf with enforcement officers and providing workable solutions for businesses to comply with the law.
The Scottish Wholesale Association’s long-established product knowledge seminars covering a wide range of sectors continue to be well received by our Members with many over-subscribed. We also offer courses and workshops focusing on specific areas, for example, Core Selling Skills.
The Scottish Wholesale Association’s Mentoring Programme is designed to improve skills and nurture emerging talent within the Scottish wholesale industry.
121 HR Solutions is a provider of HR consultancy services, providing organisations of all sizes with professional, cost-effective human resource support. 121 HR Solutions has a team of experienced and CIPD-qualified HR consultants engaging with clients throughout the UK. The company prides itself on building a close working relationship with clients. 121 HR Solutions works in partnership with you to understand every aspect of your business. This enables 121 to tailor its HR solutions to your business needs.
Scottish Wholesale Association's GDPR Policy - updated November 2019
Get in touch
30 McDonald Place
0131 556 8753