Record entries for SWA Achievers Awards as gala dinner opens for bookings
Entries for the 2024 SWA Achievers Awards are 20% up on the previous event with many wholesalers who have not entered the competition before taking part.
With entries now closed and judging on schedule to take place in the autumn, the organisers of the high-profile event revealed that the number of entrants has hit record levels for 2024 – the 21st year of Achievers.
Returning to the O2 Academy Edinburgh, this landmark event highlights best practice and innovation within the industry and also recognises the dedicated people who keep its wheels moving.
Achievers are the only awards in Scotland dedicated to the wholesale food and drink sector with the gala dinner celebration attended by over 500 people from across the wholesale industry and its supply chain each year.
With 13 wholesale category awards and six supplier awards up for grabs, it’s a great opportunity for wholesalers to gain recognition for their innovation and customer service, raise their profile, and celebrate the achievements of the last year.
A new category for 2024, Best Innovation, will recognise an innovation that has made a significant difference to the performance of a wholesaler.
In addition, a second new category will reward Scotland’s top Wholesale Local Food Champion, sponsored by industry organisation Scotland Food & Drink.
Supporting suppliers will judge the wholesale categories, supervised by an independent panel of judges with cross-sector experience and knowledge, with judging taking place during September and October.
Colin Smith, chief executive of the Scottish Wholesale Association, said: “Achievers has maintained its position as one of the UK’s premier wholesale events over two decades, resonating with the industry and constantly evolving to meet the needs of the Scottish wholesale market.
“It is crucial that we recognise the industry innovations, trends and challenges that wholesalers face – particularly in recent years – and reward outstanding performance across the wholesale trade in Scotland by businesses and the individuals who make them successful, and this is reflected by our two new categories for 2024.
“We are also encouraged by the number of wholesalers entering Achievers for the first time with entries up a substantial 20%, reaffirming the high standing of the competition among our membership and the wider industry and, crucially, the importance of wholesale to the food and drink supply chain and Scottish economy.”
Tables for the gala dinner and awards presentation at the O2 Academy Edinburgh on 22 February 2024 are available to book now. Smith added: “Tables are selling fast so please book your table or places as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.”
For a flavour of this great event, you can look back on Achievers Awards 2023 – A night in pictures here. Or watch our film of the highlights from the 2023 awards here.
Tables for the gala dinner and awards presentation can be booked via the SWA website at www.scottishwholesale.co.uk/achievers/ or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Best Cash & Carry (sponsored by Juul Labs)
- Best Delivered Operation – Retail (sponsored by JTI)
- Best Symbol Group (sponsored by Philip Morris)
- Best Delivered Operation – Foodservice (sponsored by Premier Foods)
- Best Licensed Wholesaler (sponsored by AB InBev)
- Best Marketing Initiative (sponsored by Britvic)
- Community Service Award (sponsored by Pernod Ricard)
- Great Place to Work (sponsored by Red Bull)
- Sustainable Wholesaler of the Year (sponsored by Suntory Beverage & Food)
- Employee of the Year (sponsored by AG Barr)
- Rising Star of Wholesale (sponsored by KP Snacks)
- Best Innovation (sponsored by TWC)
- Wholesale Local Food Champion (sponsored by Scotland Food & Drink)
- Best Advertising Campaign (sponsored by SWA)
- Supplier Sales Executive of the Year (sponsored by Unitas)
- Project Wholesale (sponsored by Bestway)
- Best Overall Service (sponsored by SWA)
- Best Foodservice Supplier (sponsored by SWA)
- Local Supplier of the Year (sponsored by CJ Lang & Son)